Sorry for the lack of updates recently. The person who runs this blog, Val Klavans, needs some time to look for jobs. Val has been working on this blog, Facebook, and Twitter by herself and has spent too much time unemployed! I may still be post here, but not quite as often.
Thanks to everyone for interacting with this blog! It has been awesome exploring the Saturn system with you! :)
Just for fun, here is one of the latest view of Titan from Cassini!
Click on the image for more information.
Q U I C K F A C T S
- Date : July 19, 2014 (12:40 PM UTC) – July 21, 2014 (10:40 AM UTC)
- Time of Closest Approach : July 19, 2014 @ 10:40 PM UTC
(What time Cassini is closest to Titan)
- Altitude at Closest Approach : 3,171 miles (5,103 kilometers)
- Speed : 13,000 mph (5.8 km/sec)
- Goal : To learn more about Titan’s atmosphere